Bikelander Classic Cycle Bicycle Car Rack Tow Bar Mounted BC80 LED 350050600001 Westfalia
- Towbar mounted cycle carrier for 2 cycles
- Folds down when not in use for easy storage
- Payload of 60kg (max. 30 kg per bicycle) making it ideal for heavy electric cycles, with a wheelbase of up to 1300mm. For bicycle frames of up to 80 mm diameter. For bicycles with up to 60 mm tire width.
- Empty weight: 17.5 kg
- Adjustable wheel holders ensure perfect grip on any bike
- Thick rubber pads on the wheel holders protect the frame of the cycle.>
- Fold down mechanism facilitates free access to the boot even when loaded
- Cycle carrier and all cycles can be locked individually with just one key, offering protection against theft
- 5 years warranty
- LED lights
- 58 x 22 x 69 cm (W x H x D) when folded – the new benchmark for cycle carriers
- 68.6 x 125 x 67.8 cm (W x H x D) when folded – the new benchmark for cycle carriers
- The BC80 can be stored easily almost anywhere, in the boot, garage, cellar, hotel room, etc
Convenient & easy to use
- No assembly of individual components required: unit is delivered ready-to-use
- The compact dimensions and design of the BC 80 make it easy to pick up by the frame and carry to the car
- One step is all that is needed to fit the BC 80 to the towbar. Simply move into place and it connects effortlessly
- Easy to load – it is easier to mount cycles onto a waist level carrier than a roof mounted rack
- Unrestricted access to the boot even when loaded via the innovative fold down mechanism
- No paintwork damage: the sideward, tool free mounting helps avoid potential damage to the vehicle
- Suitable for all current vehicle types
- Manufactured in line with stringent regulatory and car makers safety and quality standards
- TÜV-GS certified
- City Crash Test certified
- Anti theft protection - both cycles and carrier can be locked using one key
- Can be retrofitted: cycle carrier holds firmly to towbars, even when they are worn
- OEM product from various premium car makers
High vehicle payload
- 60 kg vehicle payload
- Cycle carrier suitable for carrying two heavy electric bikes
- Can be expanded to accommodate a third cycle or a transport box or platform
- Timeless beauty that fits any type of car
- Stylish overall impression thanks to the arched shape that incorporates the lights and licence plate bracket as stylistic elements
- This fits
Can I use Westfalia BC 80 Cycle Bike Carrier with my tow bar?
Some bicycle rack manufacturers recommend using towbars in which the ball bar is made from 52-3 steel or equivalent. All Westfalia towbars produced after 1996 are suitable for attaching bicycle racks.
If you have a towbar from different manufacturer please check if it's made from nodular graphite iron GGG 52 or 52-3 steel.
Exceptions to this are (Westfalia) towbars for the Audi 80 / 100 / A4 and A6 that were manufactured until the mid 1990’s. These towbars are made from GGG 40 (nodular graphite iron). Ball bars made from this material are not suitable for attaching bicycle racks.
Please note that bike carrier comes with 13-pin round connector and requires 13-pin tow bar wiring to work properly. You can use it with 7-pin wiring but you have to buy new trailer plug and rewire it.
NOTE: We strongly recommend profesional installation for our wiring kits. Only qualified companies may install the electrical system for the trailer hitch. Improper assembly may result in a serious accident hazard!
- Additional Information
SKU 3444 OEM Part Number 350050600001 UPC No Brand Westfalia Country of Manufacture Germany Condition Brand new